Thursday 19 May 2011

DEBUT VOTE

Finally having a chance to have a say in the governance of this country, I cast my first vote, one of many to come. Voting station would be the ideal place to start in this journey. The was no behaviour problems at the station, though there was frustration from the voters. The I.E.C needs to manage the stations better, it is not a nice sight seeing people cut in, just because they know the officials. The voting station seemed like a bar, outside the door way there were people who are not even voting. Whether a first time voter or have been doing it your whole life, its all the same. Do not think I am some guy trying to criticize the I.E.C lord knows I am not, but how I see it, its how I call it.

Casting my vote was the easy part of this whole process. To be absolutely honest( though redundant) I had no clue who the ward Councillor was, so I stuck to just voting for a party instead. Perhaps I should not even had cast that ballot paper in the first place, but then again I was curious to take part in this ritual that our nation men died for. I am not in the business of propaganda, so I will not talk about the different parties. It is said, "my vote is my confidence" I have a duty to keep it secret, I would not want laws to go unused.

It takes an individual to make a difference I am glad I am not just a negative statistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment