Wednesday 4 May 2011

Intergration South Africa

I was stuck inside the train this morning, as usual, just beyond Heideveld station and I noticed something that has never bothered me before. On my left side was Heideveld and my right, Gugulethu. What separated these two places was not just the railway line, but it was a racial separation between "coloureds" and "blacks" suddenly I remembered what a boy said to my freind, Ndira, in high school, "Hulle behoort nie hier nie"(they do not belong here), if you asked that boy where do they belong he would have probably said, Khayelitsha. It is clear to me that the racial boundries within this country still exist. It is a sad realisation, because I have "coloured" freinds and they have become like brothers to me.

Intergration in S.A. is a neglected issue, sure we go to the same school, attend the same hospitals, so tell me why cant we live together, so we can learn from each other. After all didn't we say our greatest strength came from our diversity? Perhaps I am mumbling rubbish or perhaps not, but I think we should not be empowering black, coloured or pink communities but disadvantage communities for all South Africans. (^_^)

No comments:

Post a Comment